When presenting your home to prospective buyers, first impressions are crucial. Buyers begin judging your home the moment they see it, and generally they prefer homes that are well maintained, clean and clutter free- homes they can picture themselves living in. That is why home improvements — particularly if they address the anticipated needs of buyers — can boost your home’s sale ability and sale price.
Here are a few proven and cost effective tips that will help your home look its best:
– Mow and rake the lawn, trim the hedges, weed and edge the gardens
– Sweep sidewalks and driveway, pick up any litter
– Repair gutters and eaves, touch up exterior paint
– Plant extra flowers for color, or place potted plants beside the front door.
– Clean or paint front door, polish front door hardware, ensure doorbell works
– Clean and tidy entrance, clear stairs and halls, store excess furniture
– Brighten interiors with fresh, light toned paint
– Brighten rooms by installing high wattage light bulbs and turning them on
– Shampoo carpets, clean and wax floors
– Organize and Clean out closets to make them look larger
– Clean and freshen bathrooms, put out clean towels, minimize clutter
– Clean mirrors and windows so the sparkle
– Organize and clean garage and basement
– Perform necessary minor repairs and touch up to walls, windows, fixtures etc.
Tips for Showings and Open Houses
– Be absent so buyers can feel more comfortable making comments
– Light the fire place, open the drapes
-Keep pets outside or out of the way
Preparing Your Home To Sell